A crash course on the most dynamic marketing platform today!
Online marketing has evolved far beyond flashy websites and banner ads shouting at customers about your product. It’s about using an array of Internet tools to build credibility and visibility, spread your message, and form meaningful customer relationships.
The McGraw-Hill 36-Hour Course: Online Marketing puts you on the fast track to harnessing the power of the Web for your marketing goals. It begins with planning and building a website and then provides in-depth coverage of essential online marketing tools and techniques, such as:
- Content marketing and blogging
- Social media marketing
- Web analytics
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO )
- E-mail marketing
- Online Public Relations
- Earn a Certificate of Achievement Through A Free Online Examination!
The McGraw-Hill 36 Hour Course: Online Marketing spells it all out in easy-to-understand terms and actionable steps. You’re already on your way to Web marketing mastery!
The book is a course in Online Marketing, offering a certificate of achievement through its publisher. One goes to their website, and takes an exam when they are ready to do so. The book its self is a good entry level textbook covering all the major areas of Online Marketing to date. It reads like a text book, and it will make a nice ready reference to my own professional library. However, after passing the exam with flying colors, I had to jump through hoops to get the certificate in my hot little hands. I had to email and telephone the publisher several times, till I finally got someone who knew what they were doing, and got me the certificate in about 4 minutes after the call was completed. Not very confident in the competence of the publisher, but the book is more valuable than the price paid.
- This book captures your attention with a multitasking marketing approach to understanding the role of SEO, online advertising, email marketing and social media. The content is very current and easy to read. The book is especially suitable to those seeking a start-to-finish primer written from a practitioner’s perspective. In addition, the book serves as a comprehensive overview of online marketing for those familiar with the basics but lost in the myriad of white papers and books devoted to the subject. As an educator, I would recommend Lorrie Thomas’ book for classes seeking to capture the essence of social media and internet marketing without the philosophies and theories that confuse students. As a practitioner, I found this book an excellent resource to organize online marketing development steps in a check list style that does not boggle the mind with tech terms, tools and other detail. Bravo, Lorrie! We have adopted the book as a required reading for NSU’s MKT5955 course entitled: Social Networking and Internet Marketing for Entrepreneurs.
As my title describes, “Online Marketing” offers a thorough look at the options available to those engaged in building an e-business, or incorporating online marketing into a brick-and-mortar establishment. While the book doesn’t offer fine-grained details on any one topic, it gives you enough detail to search out additional information. This isn’t a drawback, as no book of reasonable length could offer substantive detail on every topic. The author is obviously a well-informed authority on the topic, and doesn’t promote one option over another, instead focusing on the best use of the available options. I was most impressed with the friendly, yet professional style in which the the author has written this book. No hype, bluster, or unsubstantiated claims. Just the facts.
- Lorrie Thomas’ “Online Marketing” is an easy to follow “how-to” book on the use of the web for marketing. Marketing on the Net is a rapidly changing and evolving field so keeping up on its effective use and potential is challenging. Thomas provides a good overview of the current thinking and covers most, if not all, on-line tools. These include: the role and development of a website (the cornerstone); content marketing; blogging (time consuming if you do it right); analytics so you know what is working and what is not; the current thinking on SEO (search engine optimization); email marketing: and online public relations.
As a McGraw-Hill 36 hour course, “Online Marketing” offers tests to measure your progress, a free online exam, and a Certificate of Achievement. This is a very basic and useful book for the novice. I highly recommend it.
I can’t say enough good things about this book! I have it on my Kindle and constantly use it as a resource for all aspects of my online marketing strategy. Lorrie Thomas gives rock solid advice and tips on everything from Optimizing Your Website, Social Media Marketing, Blogging, PR, Analytics, and pretty much anything that has to do with your overall online marketing strategy. Lorrie’s personality shines through as The Marketing Therapist making the book an enjoyable read while you learn each lesson and then look at real world examples. If you want to take a direct road to becoming a seriously well-rounded online marketer, this book is essential.
- McGraw-Hill 36 Hour Course in Online Marketing is a “must have” book for any business person. It covers all the topics needed to navigate the web marketing world and assists in breaking down and answering questions that most of us have about this relatively new business medium. Lorrie Thomas narrates this vast, overwhelming subject in a no-nonsense, conversational style that makes for comprehensive but also entertaining reading. This text will easily appeal to both the boardroom executive as well the local merchant who share the same goal of driving more business to their respective sites. All pertinent topics are discussed in a particular order, so there is no guessing as to where to begin and where to The McGraw-Hill 36-Hour Course: Online Marketing (McGraw-Hill 36-Hour Courses)end – it’s all covered.
Great, versatile, how-to guide that has already been put to good use in my library.